This article discusses how to create a schedule for your program using the Schedule Generator tool. LeagueApps allows you to set up tournament brackets as well. Learn more about how to create and manage tournament brackets.
NOTICE:This is the version 1.0 of the Schedule Generator and it may not produce your schedule perfectly for your needs. You may need to manually tweak your schedule after using this feature. Click here for tips on how to manipulate the Schedule Generator to get better results.
In order to generate a schedule, first go to a specific program under the Manage tab in your Manager Console. Next, click on the program's "Schedule" tab, and click on the option to "Generate a Schedule". The schedule generator will then walk you through a series of steps, discussed below:
What: The type of schedule, and the teams to be included.
- These instructions are about regular schedules. Click the option Regular Round Robin.
- Select which teams to include on the schedule.
- Click Next: Enter Days and times
When: The days of week & time slots when games are to be played
- Pick what weekdays to Schedule Games on
- Select start time and Add Time for each game. Repeat to schedule another game time
- Click Next: Enter Locations
Where: Selected locations where games are to be played
- Pick a Location from any of the locations you have already entered on your site.
- (To add a location to your site: "Manage > Locations > Add a Location")
- Click Next: Enter Settings
Settings: Some key rules to use when generating the schedule
- Enter number of total games each team will play, and number of games per week
- Check box to Make all games doubleheaders
- Click Next: Generate Schedule
The Schedule Generator will produce accurate results if the following conditions are met:
- The program has an even number of teams.
- Each team plays an even number of total games.
- Each team plays an even number of games per week.
Note: If one or more of the above conditions is not met, this message may appear:
Your schedule is below, but we found 1 potential issue(s). Choose any fixes you want and re-run your schedule, or you can accept it as-is.
In order to ensure the Schedule Generator creates a balanced round-robin schedule, choose one of the options listed and Re-run the schedule generator. Once you are satisfied with a produced schedule, accept it by selecting Accept Schedule or Accept Schedule And Notify League Participants
Once the schedule is generated, even if it's not perfect, it can still be edited to be completely accurate.