|⚠️ Before using the tournament bracket generator, check out our new and improved tournament scheduling tools by viewing the documentation here: NG Tournament Scheduling.
With the schedule generator, you are able to create and manage tournament brackets for any nonsession-based program. These brackets can be published to your website so participants can keep up with game results. This generator is best used when you have a number of teams divisible by four; i.e., 8, 16, 32, etc.
Setting Up Your Brackets Schedule
- Go into any existing program within your site, and click the Schedule tab of your program.
- On the manage schedule page, click the Generate Schedule button.
- On the What step of the schedule generator, select Tournament Brackets for the schedule type.
- Enter a name for your tournament, and choose which teams to include as well as their respective seed ranks. The generator will automatically pull in all teams from the program. Once done, click the Next button.
- On the When step, choose the following:
- Start date: On what day the tournament beings
- Select what day(s) can be used to schedule games
- Enter preferred game start times. You must enter at least one.
- Once done, click the Next button.
- On the Where step, select from the available locations and sublocations where games can be scheduled. Once done, click the Next button.
- On the Settings step, specify the number of days between rounds. If you want the tournament to take place within a single day, leave this set to 0. When done, click the Next button.
- On the Results step, you can review your new brackets schedule. If it looks acceptable, click the Accept Schedule button.
- After accepting the schedule, you'll be redirected to your program's schedule page. You can then jump down to your new brackets schedule by scrolling down or clicking the name after the Jump to quick navigation bar.
At this point, your tournament brackets schedule is now created.
⚠️ You still need to publish your new brackets schedule before it will show up on your public website. To do this, click the Publish Games check box at the top of the schedule page. The bracket itself must also be published. Locate the bracket on your schedule page and use the toggle to publish it.
Brackets Schedule Displays
Once you have published a brackets schedule, it will be displayed on your public website and mobile site in the following locations:
- Program Schedule includes a tabular display of the schedule.
- Program Schedule includes a visual brackets display (full website only).
- Team Schedule includes team's games from brackets schedule.
- Member Schedule includes member's games from brackets schedule.
Scoring Games and Advancing Rounds
Winning teams will be automatically advanced to the next round in the tournament after you enter a game score. Simply enter a game score for any game in your brackets schedule to do this. Once the game score is submitted, the winning team is automatically assigned into the appropriate game in the next round.