Many organizations need their staff (coaches, directors) or team captains to be able to invite or add players to their teams, or copy players from previous teams to their current team. Participants who register or are assigned a Staff Role within a program have certain built-in functions on their team profiles.
This article will walk you through how a staff member (Coach or other defined Staff Role) and team captains can invite players, add players, or copy players directly to their teams.
How to Invite, Add & Copy Players as a Coach/Captian
Head to your User Dashboard by logging into your site account.
- Staff: Scroll down to My Staff Assignments and locate the team you wish to invite, add, or copy players to.
- Captains: Scroll down to My Registered Activities and locate the team you wish to invite, add, or copy players to.
Option 1: Invite Players to Register for the Team
For program staff, select Invite Players under your team name. For team captains, select Manage or Add Players.
If you are a program staff member, you will be taken to the invite players page. If you are a team captain, select Invite Players from the dropdown menu.
- Here, you can enter the emails of the players or their parents that you are inviting. Only one email address per line.
- Customize your message by changing the subject line and writing a note to the players. When you're ready, click Send Invites
Once your players have been invited, you can keep track of whose registration is still pending from your team page!
⚠️ Once invited, team players will be able to accept invites and register even after the registration end date.
Option 2: Manually Add Players (Adult Teams Only)
Select Add Players under your team name
If you are a program staff member, you will be taken to the add players page. If you are a team captain, select Add Player.
- Here, you will need to enter the player's general details, as well as answer program-specific form field questions.
- Click Save Player when you are ready, or Save & Add Another Player if you want to add more.
- A member account will be automatically created for each player you add.
Option 3: Copy Players to the Team from other Teams
For program staff to copy players, you will need to go through the Add Players function. After selecting Add Players, you will see the Copy Players option at the top of the page.
Team Captians can select Manage or Add Players
- Select Copy Players at the top of the page
- You will be redirected to the copy players page. Here, you can select which team you want to copy players from, and which players specifically need to be copied
- Finally, click the Copy option. You may send registration confirmation emails and/or copy matched registration field values if you wish.
- Click Add when you're ready!
Frequently Asked Questions and Tips
⚠️In order for program staff to have invite/add/copy capabilities, the program must have certain settings enabled.
- Allow primary staff member to invite players to team.
- Primary staff member can directly add & edit players (manage roster).
Staff Role Settings
- At the bottom of the Allowed Registration Types section, click on configure Staff Role Settings here
- Make sure the Coach role has Can Invite Players enabled