TeamGenius is the leading athlete evaluation software provider for youth sports organizations, with an easy-to-use platform for managing tryouts, camps, and player feedback and development programs.
LeagueApps has teamed up with TeamGenius so that you can get instant access to the registration and player data you need to start running athlete evaluation.
You can assign LeagueApps programs to new or existing assessments and player pools in your TeamGenius account. When a player registers for that program in LeagueApps, their data is automatically sent to the assigned assessment and player pool in TeamGenius where your coaches can then begin to evaluate them––no double data-entry required!
How Does the Integration Work?
Once the integration has been set up, your organization will follow this process:
1. Your players will register for programs within LeagueApps
2. You'll map the LeagueApps programs to new or existing TeamGenius assessments and player pools
3. The integration will send information about your players to TeamGenius
4. Within TeamGenius, you can see the players under the assigned assessments and player pools, where your coaches can evaluate them
5. After each sync of the integration, new players will automatically be sent over for the connected programs
Within TeamGenius, you have assessments, which contain player pools. There are three main ways you can map a program:
1. You can map a LeagueApps program to an existing TeamGenius assessment and existing player pool
2. You can map a LeagueApps program to an existing TeamGenius assessment and new player pool
3. You can map a LeagueApps program to a new TeamGenius assessment and new player pool
The integration supports the following:
Mapping standalone LeagueApps programs to TeamGenius assessments and player pools
Mapping LeagueApps subprograms to TeamGenius assessments and player pools
Mapping multiple programs to TeamGenius assessments and player pools
Mapping multiple subprograms, or entire grouped programs, to TeamGenius assessments and player pools
The integration does not currently send information related to team assignment from LeagueApps. Please see the FAQs for more information.
In order to set up the TeamGenius integration, you'll first need to schedule an onboarding call with the TeamGenius team. If you have an existing TeamGenius account, and would like to connect it to your LeagueApps site, please contact Chris Bowen from TeamGenius.
Setting Up the Integration
Step 1: Adjust your program settings within LeagueApps
1. In order to connect a program with the integration, you'll need to select TeamGenius from the Integration Code for each program.
2. Within your LeagueApps dashboard, go to your program > Settings > Edit Details. Select “TeamGenius” from the Integration Code drop down. This is a required step in order for the integration to work. (Note: you can have multiple integrations selected at the same time.)
3. Set the program's visibility to "Public".
Note: if you have a grouped program, you only need to select TeamGenius in the Integration Code of the master program. Any subprograms will automatically be accessible by the integration.
Step 2: Authenticate your LeagueApps site ID
1. From your LeagueApps Member Console, navigate to Connect > API settings
2. Enter a name for your credentials, such as “TeamGenius” and select the Generate Private API Key button. If you don't enter a name, the integration will not work. (Note: the Private API Key used to be called the Service Account Key.)
3. Once a Private API key is generated, a file will be downloaded to your computer and a new record will appear in the API KEYS list on the page. The name of this file is also known as the client ID. You will need both this file and the client ID in a later step.
4. In a separate tab, navigate to Connect > Integration Center
5. Click on the TeamGenius icon and then select Connect App
6. Next to the LeagueApps icon, select Connect. Supply your LeagueApps API credentials and select Save.
P12 file - Upload the private API key that you downloaded from the API Settings page. It is the form of a p12 file. For example, 60febf874c68s0wekbo203.p12.
Client ID - Paste the name of the Private API key (aka p12 file) that you downloaded from the API Settings page. The client ID can also be found in the table on the API Settings page under “Key Name”. For example, 60febf874c68s0wekbo203.
Site ID - Type in your Site ID. This is the string of 4 - 5 numbers found in your browser’s URL bar. For example, 43590
NOTE: if you want to have the TeamGenius integration set up on multiple different sites within your LeagueApps organization, you will need to repeat these steps for each site.
Step 3: Authenticate your TeamGenius account
1. In the TeamGenius tile within the Integration Center, next to the TeamGenius icon, select Connect.
2. Enter your TeamGenius username and password and select Next.
Step 4: Configure your settings
1. You'll be taken to a configuration page which is where you'll be able to map your LeagueApps programs to your TeamGenius assessments. You can run up to 30 mappers at one time.
2. To create the first mapper, select the plus sign.
3. Open the drop down. On the left side is where you'll make your LeagueApps program selection. The options you see are every LeagueApps program that have TeamGenius selected in the Integration Code. You can select multiple LeagueApps programs at once.
4. On the right side is where you'll make your TeamGenius assessment and player pool selection. The options you see are all of your TeamGenius assessments and player pools from your TeamGenius account, formatted [Assessment name] >> [Player pool name]. You can only pick one assessment/player pool. You also can select "New Assessment >> New Pool", which is the first option in the dropdown.
5. If you'd like to map more LeagueApps programs to a new assessment/player pool, you can select the plus sign and repeat the process.
6. Once you've created your mappers, select Next.
Step 5: Set the schedule and sync
1. On the next page, you'll be asked to set the sync schedule. The sync schedule is how frequently you want data to sync over from your LeagueApps programs to TeamGenius.
2. Be sure that the sync is "unpaused" (the toggle is to the left).
3. Select Save + Sync Now. After a few minutes, the integration will send over any players who have already registered for the connected programs.
Step 6: Using the integration
1. Depending on the settings you selected, you will see new registrants in your TeamGenius assessments and player pools after every sync cycle.
2. If you’d like to connect new programs to the integration, follow Step 1: Adjust your program settings within LeagueApps. Then, return to the Connection Settings page for the TeamGenius tile (Connect > Integration Center > My Apps > 3 dots > Connection Settings). At the top of the page is a circular arrow. Select that arrow to run an “initial sync”. After a few moments, this page will refresh, and the newly-set up programs will appear as options in the program drop down.