The main advantage of a Session-Based Program is the "Multi-Select" ability. This allows the user to register for one or multiple sessions and then pay for them all at once.
Example uses for Session-Based Programs:
- Camps and clinics where the participant may attend one or multiple sessions
- Workouts and training sessions
- Events (option to buy a single or multiple tickets)
The example used for this article is a basketball camp hosted throughout the month of June. The camp is broken into four sessions, one occurring each week. The camper can choose to only attend one week, or he/she can sign up for a few.
Step 1: Create a new program
- Login to the LeagueApps Admin Console
- On the main Admin Dashboard under Quick Links click 'Create a new program'
- Select the type of program you want to create
Step 2: Make your new program a grouped program
- At the top of the 'Create a New' page there will be the option to create a Grouped Program.
- When this is selected, then a second option for Session-based programs will appear. Select this option.
- Enter the information for the Master Program and select 'Save'
Step 3: Create your Sessions
Now that your program is created, it's time to Create a Session. In this case we are creating a June camp, with four sessions, each lasting a week.
- Click 'Create Session'
- This newly created session functions exactly like an independent program, but it is housed underneath the main program.
During registration you players will have the option to select multiple sessions at once for a much easier checkout process:
FAQs & Tips
Session-Based Programs can only have one waiver, and they share the same set of Registration Form Fields. Pro-Tip: Combine your waivers into one master waiver when using session based programs.
Some features are not available with Session-Based Programs. Sessioned Programs do not have the ability to house teams, so the only allowed registration Type is Individual.