Content pages are used to host information, such as text, documents, pictures, useful links, etc. on your LeagueApps-hosted website, also referred to as the Member Portal. Some common uses for this feature are FAQ pages, Staff Directories, About Us pages, and more.
If you have purchased a custom WordPress website from LeagueApps or are using your own website provider, this feature may not be needed for your organization.
To view and manage your content pages, go to Content then click Pages from your management console dashboard.
Here you will find both your default and custom pages.
- You can create a new page, or edit existing ones.
- You can also apply filters at the top of the page to sort your pages as needed.
- The Menu column indicates the menu bar label for that page.
- Default pages are pages that automatically come with LeagueApps and automatically populate as you add programs, locations, or blog postings. These pages typically do not need to be edited nor can they be deleted, though they can be hidden via Menu Items.
- Custom pages are pages added by you.
Create a New Page
To create a new content page, click the + New Page button
Then decide if you need an Internal or External Page.
Internal Pages are hosted on your LeagueApps site and are good for general content, such as About Us, Contact Us, Staff Roster, FAQs, League Rules, and more.
To create an Internal Page, fill out the following:
Page Name: The internal label for your page. Only you can see the page name.
Page Title: External header for your page. This will appear at the top of your front-facing content page.
Internal URI: Stands for Uniform Resource Identifier and defines the web address for this new page. For example, if you choose about, this page's URL will read yoursiteURL.com/pages/about
Hint: Don't overthink this! Keep it simple, one or two words with no spaces.
Link to this page from the main menu: Indicate whether or not this page should have a menu item at the top of your site. Remember, you can always deactivate this menu item later. Indicate if this page's menu item will fall under another preexisting menu item, OR select New Top Menu Item
Requires Login: Decide whether or not you want only site members with accounts to be able to view this page.
Click Create to publish your new page
|⚠️ Best practice: It's good to keep your menu items organized and limited — too many, and your site visitors may have trouble finding what they need.|
External Pages are on other sites, or in some cases your own site, that you want to link to from the main menu. External pages are handy if you want to link to another website, like your team's store or your team's regional governing body's website.
You can also link to a page within your LeagueApps site. For example, if you want to create a menu item for one specific program, create an External page and link directly to that program.
To create an External Page, fill out the following:
Page Name: Internal label for your page. Only you can see the page name.
External URL: Paste the web address you are linking to here.
Link to this page from the main menu: Indicate whether or not this page should have a menu item. Remember, you can always deactivate this menu item later. Indicate if this page's menu item will fall under another preexisting menu item, OR select New Top Menu Item
Click Create to publish your new page
Editing an Existing Page
To edit a page, go to Content then click Pages.
Find the page you want to edit in the list and click the pencil icon on the right.
Using the Content Editor
You will be able to edit the Page Content for internal pages. Customize your page using the content editor toolbar.
Content editor options include:
- HTML (<>)
- Bold, Italics, & Underline
- Unordered List (bullet points) or Ordered List (numbers)
- Outdent & Indent (used to create a hierarchy in ordered and unordered lists)
- Insert Image
- Table Creator
- Insert Link
- Font Size
- Text Color and Text Highlight
- Attach File
Use the Insert Image tool on the content editor toolbar to add an image to the page. You can either Upload a new image file or Choose from your existing library of images.
Once an image has been added, click directly on the image for further editing capabilities. Look for the "Edit | Delete" prompt.
Editing options include:
- Alt: Describes the image and helps search engines associate the image with the site's content.
- Caption: A brief summary of what's happening in the photo, which will appear directly underneath the photo on your site.
- Position: Align the photo Left, Center, or Right. Alignment will allow text to wrap around the image.
- Link: Where the site visitor will be taken if they click on the image.
- Open link in new tab: If a link is provided, should clicking on the image open a new tab in the visitor's browser.
Attaching a File
The Attach File tool is a great way to include documents, such as forms or info packets, directly on your content pages.
To attach a file, follow these steps:
- Click the Attach File tool in the editing tools
- Place your cursor on the page where want the file to appear
- Select Choose File to upload a new file or select one of the previously uploaded files
The files will appear as a hyperlink on your page with a paperclip icon.
- Once you have saved your changes, your site visitors will be able to download the attached file by clicking the link.
The Link tool is a great way to include links to other pages on your LeagueApps-hosted site.
To insert a link, follow these steps:
- Highlight a section of text you'd like to convert to a link.
- Select the Link icon and fill in the prompt
Keyboard Shortcut: Press Control + K on a PC or Command + K on a Mac
- URL: Paste in the URL, where you want the link to take your visitors
- Text: The text will already be what you highlighted, though it can be changed here
- Open link in new tab: Decide if clicking the link should open as a new tab in the visitor's browser.
You also have the option to use one of three templates for your content pages. These are the Homepage, FAQ, and Roster templates, though they can be used for other purposes.
To install a template on a content page, make a selection from the right-hand sidebar:
Once a template has been applied to your page, you can edit the page as you see fit.
|⚠️ Note: Using a template will wipe out your current page content.|