Payment plans allow an organization to offer flexible payment options for expensive programs through installments. You can create as many payment plans per program as you'd like, and there are a few different ways to customize the plans.
Follow the steps below to learn how to create payment plans in your programs!
Enable Payment Plans
Create a Payment Plan
Copy a Payment Plan
Payment Plan Tips and Rules
1. Choose Settings > Registration Options.
2. Scroll to the bottom, and toggle "Enable Payment Plans" on.
3. Click "Save Options & go to Payment Plans".
Once you have enabled Payment Plans, "Payment Plans" will now be its own item in the program's "Settings" drop down.
Create a Payment Plan
Once you are on the Payment Plans page, click Add Payment Plan. For each payment plan you'll set:
1. A name
2. The registration role this plan is for (free agent, team player, team staff).
3. When the first installment is due
4. Auto Pay preferences
5. Create a redemption code and limit if you want the plan to be private
6. Processing fees, automatic reminder timing, and follow up reminder timing
Enabling "Require Auto Pay enrollment" will require registrants to store a credit card on their account, AND agree to have future installments on this plan automatically charged to the stored credit card.
- Enabling or disabling this setting will only affect new registrants moving forward.
Optionally set partial payment rules and minimum partial payment amount allowed.
- For example, if the minimum partial payment amount is set to $100, a user will be required to make at least a $100 payment towards the next installment, even if the amount due for the installment is more than $100.
You can also choose to "Combine Past Due Amounts with the Next Upcoming Installment".
- This setting is OFF by default. With this setting enabled, an unpaid installment will be added to the next upcoming installment, if the next upcoming installment is within X days. For example:
- The amount of days is set to 10, I have an unpaid installment from March 15th, and my next upcoming installment is due April 15th. On April 5th (10 days before April 15th), the unpaid installment amount from March 15 will be combined with the next upcoming installment amount due April 15th.
After saving your payment plan settings, the page will reload and you'll see a link to "Add an Installment" in the bottom right. Click on that to add your first installment.
"Add an installment" will prompt you to set the installment amount due, due date and optional processing fee. NOTE: installment due dates must be in the future.
You can edit or delete installments after creating them. When you edit or delete an installment, the change will only affect FUTURE registrations to the payment plan. It will not update for the participants already registered to this payment plan.
This is what your payment plan will look like to registrants once they're created!
- Click the copy icon from payment plan list
- Choose to keep installment dates the same or adjust so that the first installment due date is x (the amount of days between each installment from the copied plan will apply to the new plan)
- Update the name and other settings after plan has been copied. Click Update Plan at the bottom of the screen to save changes to payment plan.
- Payment plans are only available / applied to participants who register after a payment plan has been created. I.E. if a player registers before you have created payment plans, you cannot apply a payment plan after they have already registered. Because of this, we highly suggest that you create your payment plans before you open up your registration for the season!
- When creating a payment plan, the following rules apply:
- Dates for added installments must be in the future.
- Any changes to installment dates or amounts are ONLY applied to registrations that occur in the future. This means that previously registered participants will be assigned the payment plan (and associated installment plan schedule/amounts) that was selected when they registered. The invoice tied to a specific person’s payment plan CAN be modified (just as you can with any other invoice). When this modification occurs, an increase in amount is added to the last installment; a decrease is subtracted from last/later installments.
- Discount codes are applied to payment plans evenly across all installments.
- Copying a program using the Copy a Program tool gives you the option to copy the payment plan from the original program to the new program. You'll be given the option to shift the installment dates to the future when you copy the program based on the new dates of the program. Or you can keep the installments as they were.