Payment Plans and Auto Pay is perhaps LeagueApps' most powerful feature, allowing you to schedule payments for your members to be automatically billed on predefined dates. Auto Pay is enabled in payment plans and require users to store a payment method to be automatically charged on installment due dates.
For steps on creating payment plans, click here.
If you are not seeing the options for auto pay in your payment plans, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is Auto Pay?
- Require Auto Pay Enrollment for a Payment Plan
- User Agreement to Auto Pay Enrollment
- Tips & FAQ
What is Auto Pay?
Enabling Auto Pay enrollment will require a user to store a payment method on their account when paying for and opting into a payment plan. Your site will then automatically charge the stored payment method on each installment date for a payment plan that required Auto Pay enrollment.
Auto Pay may be enabled for each payment plan within a program, so you have control over what payment plans require and do not require autopay.
Require Auto Pay Enrollment for a Payment Plan
Auto Pay enrollment is enabled within a payment plan's settings.
- In a program, go to Settings
- Then click Payment Plans
- In the payment plan's settings, check the box for Require Auto Pay enrollment
- The previous checkboxes for Require first payment and Strictly enforce first payment will ensure that your members can not register without fulfilling these three criteria, making it almost guaranteed that you will collect 100% of your program fees:
- Pay the first installment
- Store a payment method
- Opt in to automatic billing
- Once done, be sure to click Update Plan at the bottom.
User Agreement to Auto Pay Enrollment
If a registrant selects a payment that requires Auto Pay enrollment, the payment plan will state the fact Auto Pay enrollment is required, and force the user to agree to the Auto Pay terms.
On the payment page and after providing payment information, registrants will be required to acknowledge two items:
- That their payment method will be stored
- That the stored payment method will be automatically charged on the payment plan's installment dates
Tips & FAQ
At what time are stored credit cards charged on an installment due date?
LeagueApps will attempt to charge the stored credit between 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM EST on an installment due date.
Can a user change the credit card they have stored on their account?
If there is a remaining balance on an open payment plan, a user cannot edit their stored credit card. Please contact email@example.com for assistance!
What happens if a user registers for a payment plan after one or more payment plan installment dates have past?
The user's first payment will require them to pay the past due installments.
Will "Require Auto Pay enrollment" enforce payment collection at the time of registration?
No. To enforce payment collection at the time of registration, enable "Require first payment during registration" AND "Strictly enforce first payment during registration." Without these settings enabled, a user will be able to bypass payment at the time of registration; however, when the user decides to make their first payment, they will be required to store their credit card and agree to the Auto Pay enrollment terms.
If a program has been in a "COMPLETED" state for over 90 days, any unpaid installments will no longer be auto-charged.
Participants can still manually make payments, or you can change the Program state back to LIVE to collect those payments automatically.
Auto Pay nuances
- Auto Pay logic is determined based on the Payment Plan Settings at the time a member's invoice is created. If a payment plan's Auto Pay settings are changed, those changes do NOT impact invoices that have already been created.
- If a member's invoice is created while the Payment Plan's settings REQUIRE Auto Pay, then Auto Pay will always run on the invoice, regardless of if the member turns their Auto Pay settings ON/OFF.
- If a member's invoice is created while the Payment Plan's settings do NOT REQUIRE Auto Pay, then AutoPay will only run if the Member's Auto Pay settings are ON. If the Member's Auto Pay settings are OFF, then Auto Pay will not run.