Admin members have access to the LeagueApps Management Console and can perform administrative actions on your site. You can add new admin members and/or promote existing regular site members to also become admins. We will also review deleting admins you already have in the system and/or removing their admin privileges.
Creating a New Admin
To create a brand new admin for an individual that does not already have an account within your organization, follow these steps.
- To add an admin member, select your name in the top right-hand corner of your site dashboard and click on Manage account from the drop-down menu.
- From the Manage Account page, click on the Manage Users button under the Admin Users block.
- This will show a list of existing admin members. You can add new ones here, or edit existing ones (including deleting a user or removing an admin user's admin privileges).
- When adding/editing an Admin member, you must specify which sites (an account can have more than one site — see Managing Multiple Sites article) they have access to, as well as what role they are. The following roles are supported.
- Org Account Owner
- Org Account Admin
- Site Admin
- Site Director
- Site Manager
- Site Coordinator
- Program Manager
- Program Coordinator
- Site Reporter
|⚠️ Visit the Admin Role Access Guide page to see a full breakdown of the rules and restrictions for each admin role.|
Promoting Existing Members To An Admins
If you wish to make an existing site member an admin, you can promote them to this role. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Visit the member's Member Details page, and click the Promote to Admin button in the upper left-hand side of the page.
- After clicking this, you will land on the newly created Admin member edit page. Select the correct admin role from the dropdown list and click on Edit User to save your changes.
Deleting an Admin/Removing an Admin's Privileges
To delete an admin or remove an admin's privileges, you must visit your Admin Users page and click the X button under the Actions column beside the admin you want to remove. You are then presented with the option to either Delete User or Remove Admin Privileges.
- Clicking Delete User will completely delete that member's account for your organization. This is irreversible.
- Clicking Remove Admin Privileges will remove the member's admin access but retain the member's account so they can still login and register as a normal participant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can't I get to the page to add or edit admins?
You are likely not in a high enough admin role to access this page. Access to this page is limited to the Org Account Owners and Org Account Admin roles. You will need someone in one of these roles on the LeagueApps account to make changes to admin permissions.
How do I know what each Admin Role can or can't access?
Visit the Admin Role Access Guide Help Article to see a full breakdown of the rules and restrictions for each admin role.
When creating an admin, I get an error that the member already exists.
See the section above about promoting a member to be an admin.