LeagueApps uses TLS 1.3 to encrypt site access to member account areas. We also offer many privacy controls so that Admins can configure a site or program to the desired level of privacy for member information. To learn more about security at LeagueApps, read our security policy here.
There are several areas in which you can make changes to your privacy settings. This article covers how member and program privacy can be controlled in each of these areas.
These are program-level settings that only impact the programs that you customize. These can be accessed in a program by going to Settings then clicking Preferences.
- Team Details Visibility: When this setting is checked, all team details will be hidden from all registrants.
- Registered Team/Group & Player Visibility: This setting provides the ability to display or hide the list of Players, Groups or Teams that have registered for the program on the program profile. For Member Matching, this setting must be set to on, which allows captains in adult programs to browse the free agent pool and invite players to their teams. Read about the benefits of Member Matching here.
- Team/Group Roster Visibility: This setting determines who can view a team roster.
Member Profile Settings
These are site-level settings that impact all programs and members within a site. To access these settings from the LeagueApps Management Console, go to Settings then click Member Profile.
- Hide member names on all publicly accessible web pages: This setting allows you to hide member’s names on your public site pages, including league pages and team pages. This setting replaces members' names with the label Member on all publicly accessible views on your site.
- Show member profile only to logged in members: This setting when toggled on, LeagueApps will only show profiles to members that are logged into your LeagueApps member portal. This setting protects member's profiles from web searches.
|⚠️ When in doubt, it is best to leave both of these setting toggled on. You can always turn them off later if needed.
Form Field Settings
LeagueApps also allows you to share some profile field information publicly, to other members or to teammates. For more information about these settings, view the help pages linked below:
These are site-level settings that impact all programs and members within a site. You can access these settings from the LeagueApps Management Console by going to Settings then clicking Site Settings.
Member-to-member email permissions: Allows you to set when members are able to email on another directly. This is a rare configuration for adult programs that allow team captains to recruit free agents and vise versa.
- Any logged in members
- Only members within the same program
- Only members on the same team
Allow parents to upload profile pictures for kids: Member profile pictures can be added when creating a member profile or can be uploaded later on by editing the member profile. This picture will appear on the child's member profile and optionally on a team roster.
You can designate any program as a Private program, making it completely hidden from the public. This can be useful if you are setting up a private event, or simply want to test a program before it goes live. This setting can be access this settings from a program by going to Settings then clicking Edit Details.
- Public: The program will appear in any public program listings.
- Private: The program will be hidden from any public program listings. The program can only be registered for via direct program URL or invitation.