LeagueApps enables you to set up an automatic waitlist so you won't miss registrations even when your capacity is reached. Waiting lists can be configured at the program level, and are only available for Individual/Free Agent registration.
|⚠️ A waitlist can only be made for Free Agents. The waitlist option is not available for team or team player registration.|
Setting Your Program Capacities
Navigate to the program where you want a waiting list.
Go to Settings then click Registration Options
Scroll to the Capacity Rules section
Check Enable a free agent waiting list (Free Agent may have a different label for your program)
Set the maximum capacity of Free Agents for the program.
In the example below, the program will allow for five Free Agents to register. The sixth Free Agent or more will be placed on the waitlist.
Setting your Waiting List Capacities
- Go to Settings then click Registration Options
- Scroll to the Capacity Rules section
- Check Enable a free agent waiting list
- Set the maximum Free Agent capacity
- Set the maximum player capacity to the total amount of spots available for the program, including waitlist participants
|⚠️ A player is anyone in the program registered as a free agent, team player, team captain or waitlist. Players on the waitlist will count toward your maximum player limit.|
In the example below, lets say the program has 5 free agents and 5 team players. In that case, there would be 5 spots remaining for the waiting list.
Setting Registration Status (optional)
Your program will not automatically display a message that it is currently accepting waitlist registrants. However you can change the Registration Status so program's registration page displays a banner.
- On the program or sub-program dashboard, select the dropdown menu under Registration Status
- Change the status to Accepting Waitlist
Moving a Player from a Waiting List
Registering onto the waitlist will not create an invoice for the registrant and will not require payment. Their registration will be marked with no fee until they are moved into a different role. Once moved into a different role, they will be invoiced based on the price structure for that role.
|⚠️ If a spot becomes available or your capacity increases, you'll want to move your waiting list players into those spots as soon as possible. This process is not automated, and failing to be proactive in this step can result in new registrants cutting in front of your waiting list players.|
- Hover over the People menu item within the program, and click on Players.
- Use the filter to display waiting list players only for a cleaner view.
- Starting with the player who has been on the waiting list the longest (the one with the registration date furthest in the past), and click the right facing arrow next to their name to bring up the move options.
- Choose to move them into the program as a Free Agent/Individual or onto a Team (select the appropriate team/group).
- You can choose to notify or don't notify. This is a case where notify is helpful so your members know to login in and make a payment.
- Choose to change the invoice when prompted, unless you want them to remain free.
- After the move you will see their Status and Payment columns update.