LeagueApps allows partners to sell products or solicit donations directly to your participants. You will be able to sell products during the registration process, as well as outside of the registration workflow via store page. For more details on configuring your LeagueApps hosted store page, click here.
First, navigate to the Products area of your LeagueApps account by going to Manage then clicking eCommerce Products.
Then click the +Add a Product button on the right-hand side of the page.
Next you will need to fill out the product's details. The product description and image are particularly important if you plan on having a store hosted by LeagueApps.
- Product Name: Enter a name for your product.
- Product Description: Add a brief description explaining your product.
- Product Image: Upload an image of the product. A size of 300x300 pixels is recommended.
- Price: Enter the price that members are charged to purchase your product.
- Include shipping cost in the price when applicable
- Include necessary processing fees in the price if desired. If your account utilizes LeagueApps Gateway and is configured to automatically include fees on any purchase, this is not necessary.
- Available Inventory: Enter the amount of inventory. If left blank, then the inventory level is assumed to be unlimited.
- Shipping Option: Indicate if the product needs to be shipped, or not. The product does require shipping, members will be asked to verify their shipping address on the payment page.
- Sales Tax: Select if sales tax is required. If sales tax is required, then the site tax setting will be applied. You can edit the site tax setting by going to Settings then clicking Site Settings.
- Would you like to delete unpaid product orders (recommended)? If selected, 30 minutes after a product is not paid for the product order is deleted.
- Would you like to send a notification when this item is purchased? If selected you can type in comma separated email addresses of contacts you'd like to get an email notification each time a product is purchased.
- Standalone Purchase: Indicate if the product is available for standalone purchase or not. In other words, do you want to sell the product outside of the registration flow via your store page or direct link.
- Is this product available in the Storefront? If selected this product will appear in your site's store page; i.e. sitename.leagueapps.com/store
- Publish product: Select if you want to publish the product or not. Products left unpublished will be unavailable for purchase.
Once you have completed all product details, select Save & Publish Product.
Once your product has been created, you will be taken to a product details page where you can view a summary of its configuration. It also on this page where you fill find the product's unique URL if it has been configure to for standalone purchase:
Custom Product Form Fields
Within each product you can custom fields. Similar to registration form fields, you can capture key information, such as size, from members when they purchase a product.
|⚠️ Quantity is captured by default when your members purchase a product. Refer to the member profile help page to learn about what other information is collected from members by default upon account creation.|
- To add a form field, navigate to your list of products then click the edit icon on the right-hand side:
- Click the Custom Fields tab at the top
- Click the +Add a Form Field button
For details on the form field types and how to configure them, please refer to our help page on registration form fields.
|⚠️ File Upload and Multiple Checkbox form fields are not available for products.|
Assigning a Product to Programs
Using eCommerce products, you can assign one or more to a program. When you do this, your members will be asked to purchase a product with their registration.
- To add a form field, navigate to your list of products then click the edit icon on the right-hand side.
- Click the Assign To Programs tab at the top.
- By default, this page will only show Upcoming programs. Use the filters at the top to find Live programs if needed.
- Once your filters are set, a list of available programs will appear on the bottom half of the page. Click on a program to assign the product to its registration. This will take effect immediately.
|⚠️ Products can not be assigned to individual subprograms within a grouped program. A product assigned to a grouped program will apply to all subprograms within it.|
You can also see all products assigned to a program from the program's dashboard.
- To do this, navigate to the program's dashboard
- Once there, go to Products then click Assigned Products.
How to Copy a Product
You can also copy existing products instead of having to individually create new products. Easily replicate one product, use products as templates, and make changes to copies. Select the Copy this product button next to one of your existing products.
You can also click the Copy Product button on an individual product's details page.
|⚠️ Program assignments from the original product will not carry over to the copied product. The Product Basics, Custom Fields, and Price & Inventory Options details will copy over from the original product.|
You can make edits to your copied product, as well as assign your copied product to your desired programs in the Assign to Programs tab.
How to Configure Price and Inventory Options
With these settings, you can set different prices and inventories based on items from a drop-down form field.
You sell t-shirts and are collecting size from customers. The sizes you offer are small, medium and large and have inventories of 5, 10 and 15, respectively. Using Price and Inventory Options you can set these inventories for each so they will automatically become unavailable once their inventories reach zero.
You sell backpacks and offer to have them monogrammed for an additional fee of $25. As such, you have included a form field that reads, "Do you want to have your backpack monogrammed?" Using Price and Inventory Options you can increase the product's price by $25 whenever a customer completes a purchase and has answered "Yes" to that form field.
- To being configuring these options, navigate to your list of products then click the edit icon on the right-hand side.
- Click the Price and Inventory Options tab at the top. If you do not see this tab, please contact our Support Team.
- Under the Field 1 drop down menu, pick a form field for which you want to configure pricing or inventories. Once chosen, click Save Changes.
- Click click the +Add button in the bottom, right-hand corner.
- Next you will see your form field's label with an N/A next to it in a drop-down menu. Click the drop-down menu and choose the item you want to set an inventory or price change for.
- Inventory: Set the total number of items available for that choice.
- Price Change: Set the price difference from the base price. For example, if the base price of a backpack is $50 and adding the monogram option is $25, you would put $25 in the configuration.
⚠️ Do not put the total product price in the Price Change box — only put the price difference.
- Click Save on the right-hand side.
- Repeat the steps as necessary. Each product can have up to three Price and Inventory Options.
You can sell products outside of a program's registration flow and your LeagueApps hosted store page by using either a product's public URL or a widget. This is suitable when you want to direct customers to a specific product via your organization's website without using the LeagueApps hosted store page.
- To find these, navigate to your list of products then on a product's name to see its details.
- On the left-hand side you will find the product's public URL. If you do not see this, it is because the product is not configured for standalone purchase. Edit the product's details to adjust this setting.
- On the right-hand side you will the product's widget settings with corresponding code. You can copy this code and embed it on your website to generate the widget.