|⚠️ This article is for domains registered with GoDaddy and using Default nameservers.
Forward your domain registered with GoDaddy and send visitors directly to your LeagueApps homepage when they visit your domain/custom URL.
How to Forward your Custom URL to LeagueApps
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio.
- Select the checkboxes next to the domain(s) you'll be updating. Or, select the checkbox next to Domain Name and then choose Select All.
- Select Forward from the action menu. Depending on your screen size, you may need to select the More menu and scroll down to see Forward.
- Choose https://
- Enter the destination URL your domain will forward to. This will be your LeagueApps homepage URL (https://yoursite.leagueapps.com).
- Choose the forwarding type:
- Permanent (301) MOST COMMON: Sends users to your LeagueApps Homepage and tells search engines to display the new site content as the permanent location for the domain.
- Temporary (302): A temporary change that redirects both users and search engines your LeagueApps Homepage for a limited amount of time, until the redirect is removed.
- Forward with masking: Forward with masking sends visitors to your domain over to your LeagueApps Homepage, but keeps your custom URL in the browser address bar. It also gives you the option to enter meta-tags for search engine info.
- If you selected Permanent (301) or Temporary (302) redirect for the forwarding type, select Continue to save your forwarding settings.
- If you selected Forward with masking for the forwarding type, select Next, enter details for at least one of the fields, and then select Save.
- Title: A short phrase (maximum of 80 characters) that displays on the browser tab and in search results.
- Description: A brief explanation (maximum of 150 characters) of your website to display in search engine results.
- Keywords: A list of keywords (maximum of 500 characters) that describe the content and purpose of your website.
|⚠️ If your domain has Domain Protection, you'll need to verify your identity. If you've had two-step verification (2SV) turned on for at least 24 hours, enter the code GoDaddy sent via SMS, or enter the code from your authenticator app. Otherwise, enter the one-time password GoDaddy sent to your registrant email address.
Most Custom Domain updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally. If you aren't seeing immediate changes, try Clearing Cache & Cookies.
|⚠️ IMPORTANT: If you want the "www" version of your domain name to forward as well, make sure your "www" CNAME is pointing to @. How to Edit a CNAME record