The MLB-JDP integration will be used to send data about staff members from LeagueApps programs to JDP in order to conduct a background check. Your organization will now be able to submit your JDP background check orders through your LeagueApps account. JDP background check results will still be viewed in your JDP account. This will save your organization valuable time and resources and streamline the coach and volunteer experience.
How Does the Integration Work?
Once the integration has been set up, your organization will follow this process:
- Staff members that register for the New Coach Account Creation program will have their names and emails sent over to JDP.
- The staff members will get an email from JDP telling them to complete the background screening application.
- As the organizer, you will be able to log into your JDP account to view the status and results of the background checks.
- As the organizer, you can then invite your staff members to register directly for their respective programs once their background check is cleared through JDP.
Using the Integration
Step 1: Onboard with JDP
- In order to set up the JDP integration, you will first need to sign up for an account with JDP (if your organization does not already have one).
- Once you have been onboarded by JDP, reach out to Katie Ringel and notify her you have an active JDP account. You will need to notify Katie that you’d like to set up the integration two weeks before you plan to open registration.
|⚠️ All JDP background screening questions should be directed to JDP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Invite staff members to register for the New Coach Account Creation program
- Once you’ve been told that the integration has been set up on your LeagueApps site, there will be a new program called New Coach Account Creation. This is the program that all new staff members will register for.
- Invite your new coaches to register for the New Coach Account Creation program. By registering, their names and emails will be sent to JDP.
- Soon after they register, they will receive an email from JDP (on behalf of your organization) with a link to the background check application that they should complete within 15 days (or the link will expire).
- Once the staff member has submitted the application, the background check will commence in JDP. You will be able to log into your JDP account to view the status and results of the background checks. (Your JDP login credentials were sent when you signed up for a JDP account.)
Step 3: Invite staff members to register for their programs
Once a staff member’s background check is cleared through JDP, you can invite them to register directly for their respective programs.