Text Messaging is a powerful app in the LeagueApps App Center that allows an admin to send text message alerts to their members. You can use it to announce weather delays, game cancellations, or other general, organization-wide information.
To activate, from your main dashboard click Message > Text Messaging.
Configuring the Text Messaging App
On the next screen will appear a box for you to enter a local area code. Enter the area code that you want your Text Messages to originate from, and click Find a Number. This will list a specific number that will deliver messages to your members.
Browse this list of options and when you are ready, select a number from this list and click "Choose This Number". This will become the phone number associated with all Apps that you purchase on the App Center that make use of a phone number.
NOTE: Once the Text Messaging App has been enabled, this number cannot be changed.
Once you confirm & secure your number, you'll always have access to see how many messages you've sent in the current month and how many more messages you're able to send this month before getting charged overage fees (1 cent per message over).
Collecting Mobile Numbers from Your Members
Now that your Text Messaging App is enabled, make sure that you're collecting mobile numbers during registration!
To collect mobile numbers during registration, first go to your site's Settings > Member Profile.
From your Member Profile Properties page, you'll see a couple of flip switches for Collect Mobile Number During Registration:
- Collect Parent/Adult Mobile Number During Registration
- Require Parent/Adult Mobile Number During Registration
- Collect Child Mobile Number During Registration
- Child Mobile Number is only available on LeagueApps Account Mode set to Youth or Mixed
- Child MUST be 13 years or older to receive text alerts
- Parent mobile number MUST be collected for Child number to be collected
- Child mobile number is optional (if member is 13 years or older)
You're also able to add or edit member's mobile numbers from their account. Click here to learn how.