In order to get you on the field faster, you will need to register for a MLB program that will send your information to JDP in order to process your background checks. Please follow the instructions below to complete this requirement.
1. Your MLB RBI program or Club will invite you to register for a program called ‘New Coach Account Creation’.
2. Once you have completed your registration, your name and email will be sent to JDP, a background checks processor.
3. Soon after you register, you will receive an email from JDP with a link to the background check application that you should complete within 15 days (or the link will expire).
4. Once you have submitted the JDP application, the background check will commence in JDP.
5. Once your background check is cleared through JDP, your MLB RBI or Club admin will have the ability to invite you to register directly for their respective programs.
Q: Who will see the results of my background check? A: Your MLB RBI or Club organizer will be able to log into their JDP account to view the status and results of background checks.
Q: What is JDP? A: JDP delivers comprehensive background screening solutions to organizations.
Q: What is LeagueApps? A: LeagueApps is a technology platform that MLB and its youth program providers use to power their registration, payment processing, messaging, and more. LeagueApps helps MLB and its youth programs run more efficiently so we can focus on what’s important—play!