A bookings program is a group of related time slots. With this feature, you can accept online reservations & payments for lessons, training and facility bookings. If you do not see the Bookings option in your account, let us know!
Benefits of Bookings
- Streamlined Setup
- Setting Templates expedite programs setup
- Assign instructors to specific time slots
- Add custom email addresses to registration notifications
- Bookings automatically populate on a customer-facing calendar
- Enhanced Customer Experience
- Register directly from a calendar or list view
- Filter on Date, Location, Instructor and Program Name
- Book multiple reservations with a shopping-cart style checkout
TYPE and TEMPLATE
- These are settings that help organize and expedite setup.
- There can be many templates within one Type, for example, a type may be Private Lesson, with templates for a 1 hour lesson, 2 hour lesson, etc.
- Create different templates when price or capacity vary.
PROGRAM and TIME SLOT
- There can be many time slots within one program, for example, a program may be 'July Private Lessons', and the times lots are all of the different days & times that lessons are available.
Bookings allow customers to reserve and pay for a time slot (specific date + time) with someone (Instructor) and/or somewhere (Location).
Step 1: Mark a LeagueApps member as an Instructor
- An instructor is a member of the LeagueApps site and this person can be tagged as an instructor on their Member Profile page.
- Navigate to Manage and select Bookings:
- From here, go to Bookings Settings and select Assign Instructors:
- Find the instructor in your Members listing and click the pencil icon. Then at the bottom of the member profile check this setting:
- After assigning Instructors, head back to Manage and select Bookings.
Step 2: Create Types
Types provide a way to categorize setting templates.
- Navigate to Booking Settings, select Types, and click on Add Booking Type:
- Name your Booking Type something like "Private Lesson", "Court Rental", or "Small Group Training". Length and days will be added soon.
Step 3: Create a Template
Templates are predefined settings that can be applied to time slots (price, capacity, form fields, and waivers.) Templates should correspond to price point or capacity.
- Navigate to Booking Settings, click on Templates, and select Add Settings Template:
- Click Next to add Form Fields and Waivers to this Settings Template
Step 4: Create a Booking Program
A Booking Program groups a related set of time slots under one program.
- Navigate to Booking Programs and select Add Booking Program
- Fill in these booking details to set up your booking program:
Step 5: Create Time slots
Time slots are a specific date and time that an instructor and/or location can be booked.
- Navigate to Booking Programs and click the Calendar Icon
- Choose to create a single slot or a group of recurring slots.
- Recurring slots will populate between the start and end date of the Bookings Program.
- Time Slot Set Name displays on the public site; use this field to add more details for your customers.
- Select one day and time or multiple and then click the +ADD button.
- When you've added all time slots, click the green Add button to finish.
Step 6: Manage Time slots
- For time slots that have registrants click on the View Participants icon to move or delete registrants from that time slot.
- Check the box next to each registrant and then choose to move or delete them.
- Choose if you'd like to adjust invoices as a result of the move or delete.
- Confirm changes.
Customers can discover bookings on https://YOURSITENAME.leagueapps.com/bookings.
- Choose to create a single slot or a group of recurring slots
- There are two views on this page List or Calendar View
- To view Bookings registrations go to Reporting and click on Bookings.
- From here you can view Bookings registrations and export to a .CSV file.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a customer pay and then pick their lesson's date and time at a later date?
Currently, a booking must have a predetermined date and time, so redeeming a purchase or package of classes is not yet available.
Can I customize which Bookings show to my players?
Yes, from your website filter the Bookings listing then, click Apply. You can then copy this page by clicking the link icon. You will have a custom URL that you can link to your website or share via email.