Payment plans allow an organization to offer flexible payment options for expensive programs through installments. You can create as many payment plans per program as you'd like, and there are a few different ways to customize the plans.
Follow the steps below to learn how to create payment plans in your programs!
- Step 1: Enable Payment Plans
- Step 2: Customize Payment Plan Settings
- Step 3: Add Installments to Payment Plan
- Payment Plan Tips and Rules
NOTE: Once you've turned on Enable Payment Plans and saved, "Payment Plans" will now be it's own menu item in the program's "Settings" drop down.
- Name: Give this payment plan a name. This name will be shown to registrants when they're selecting the plan during registration.
- Type of role this payment plan is for: Choose any role that you are allowing in this program's registration options. NOTE: only one registration role can be selected per payment plan.
- Require first payment during registration: This removes the "Skip/Pay Later" button on the payment step for registrants. If this is checked and the registrant does not pay, this results in their registration being set to PENDING not reserved.
- Strictly enforce first payment during registration: When enabled the registrant will have 30 minutes to complete payment for their first installment before their registration gets invalidated and deleted from the program.
- This is a private payment plan: Use this setting for scholarship students or family specific payment plans. A private payment plan is only visible if the registering member provides the "private plan code" during registration.
- Private Plan Code: this is the code that the registrant will enter to view the private plan.
- Private Plan Redemption Limit: You can optionally set a limit for how many times this private payment plan may be redeemed by registrants. If this is a family specific plan that applies to two players, enter 2.
- Processing Fee: Optionally enter a processing fee default for the plan's installments, which you'll set up in step 3. Choose to set the processing fee as a percentage or dollar amount.
- Send automatic reminders: This setting will trigger an automatic email sent to the registrants of this plan however many days before you specify, prompting them to pay their upcoming installment.
- Send follow up reminders: This setting will send another automatic email x amount of days after the original automatic reminder. NOTE: this field needs to be set to less than the amount of days set in the original automatic reminder.
- Allow partial payments on installments: when enabled, registrants will be able to pay less than the installment amount but no less than the specific amount in this setting. This setting applies to all installments in the payment plan, not just the first installment.
- Combine Past Due Amounts with the Next Upcoming Installment: When enabled, the registrant will need to pay any past due installments AND the next installment due, if the next installment due is within x days.
- EXAMPLE: This is set to 20 days. Today is January 15th. The payment plan has installment due dates on January 1st and February 1st. If I have a registrant who did not pay their January 1st installment, starting on January 12th (which 20 days BEFORE the next installment due date) they will have to pay for the January 1st and February 1st installments together.
Clicking "Add an installment" will show a popup that lets you set the installment amount, due date and optional processing fee. NOTE: installment due dates must be in the future.
Once your installments are created, you'll see a list of installments which you can edit or delete after creating. NOTE: when you edit or delete an installment that change will only affect FUTURE registrations to the payment plan. It will not update for the participants already registered to this payment plan.
This is what your payment plan will look like to registrants once they're created!
- Payment plans are only available / applied to participants who register after a payment plan has been created. I.E. if a player registers before you have created payment plans, you cannot apply a payment plan after they have already registered. Because of this, we highly suggest that you create your payment plans before you open up your registration for the season!
- When creating a payment plan, the following rules apply:
- Dates for added installments must be in the future.
- Any changes to installment dates or amounts are ONLY applied to registrations that occur in the future. This means that previously registered participants will be assigned the payment plan (and associated installment plan schedule/amounts) that was selected when they registered. The invoice tied to a specific person’s payment plan CAN be modified (just as you can with any other invoice). When this modification occurs, an increase in amount is added to the last installment; a decrease is subtracted from last/later installments.
- Discount codes are applied to payment plans evenly across all installments.
- Copying a program using the Copy a Program tool gives you the option to copy the payment plan from the original program to the new program. You'll be given the option to shift the installment dates to the future when you copy the program based on the new dates of the program. Or you can keep the installments as they were.