Compose MessageUnder the compose message section, you can prepare a bulk email, as follows:
1. Filter by Site Members: Choose if you'd like to send a message to all, or a large set, of your site members, or to your email list.
- All Site Members: Both Male and Female, Only Male Participants, Only Female Participants
- All Email Contacts: Includes all site members who do not un-subscribe from your mailing list (listed here: "Messaging > Email Contacts")
2. Filter by Programs and Games
- Send to the following program states: Upcoming, Live, Completed, Completed, and/or Unpublished
- Exclude upcoming and live programs: great for targeting past members who are not registered now
- By Games: search by one day or multiple days, as well as by times
- By Roles, Status, and Payment Status: Both Male and Female, Only Male Participants, Only Female Participants
- Send to the following roles: Team Captain, Team Player, Free Agent, Staff Roles (e.g. Coach)
- With status of Spot Reserved, Spot Pending, Waiting List
- And participants who: Are not invoiced, *Still owe fees, Have fully paid
- And who have: Any waiver status, Waiver accepted, Waiver not accepted
3. Send to Admins Only
- Choose if you want to contact all, or some, of your other site administrator.
- Choose to send this message as a "marketing/promotional" message or not. This is recommended, as it includes a CAN-SPAM standard opt-out / unsubscribe link when you select this option.
6. Optionally edit the "From Name" that will appear in the recipient's mail client.
7. Provide a message subject.
8. Enter a message body, either using the simple editor or by editing HTML directly.
9. Choose whether you want to include the default email footer or not (see Customizing Email Settings).
10. Send a test message if desired (recommended).
11. Send the message, by clicking the "Send" button.
Sent MessagesOnce a message has been sent, you can track it's progress in the Sent Messages section of the Messaging tool. For each sent message, this provides the following information/features:
- Date Sent
- Completed Date
- Total Recipients
- Emails Sent
- Copy feature - Allows you to "copy" an email content and subject to be re-used in a new message composition.
The email contacts section allows you to store email addresses that you can message using the tool. This is useful if you have a mailing list of email addresses who are not members of your site. Click here to learn how to Import your Existing Member Database)