1) Create a Google Spreadsheet
- Login to your Google Account. (If you don't have a Google Account, create one for FREE here: https://accounts.google.com/SignUp)
- Once you are logged-in to your Google Account, click 'Drive' on the top menu section.
- Click 'Create > Spreadsheet'.
- Now create a table for your players' stats. If you already have a spreadsheet saved elsewhere, simply copy/paste it into the Google spreadsheet.
- Double click 'Sheet1' at the bottom left of the spreadsheet to rename the sheet (e.g. Fall 2013).
2) Save and Publish
- On the Google spreadsheet, click "File > Publish to the Web"
- Then select the following settings on the next window (see screenshot below):
- Under Sheets to Publish, select your specific sheet (e.g. Fall 2013)
- Automatically republish when changes are made
- Click 'Start Publishing'
- Under Get a link to the published data, select 'HTML to embed in a page'. OR, select 'web page' if you want to include a hyperlink that takes players to your Stats spreadsheet.
- Copy the HTML code from bottom of the screen.
3) Embed your Stats spreadsheet into LeagueApps
- Login to your LeagueApps admin console.
- Create a new page for Stats or edit an existing page. (Click here for more on how to create a new content page.
- Paste the HTML code into the HTML editor.
- Alternately, you can add a hyperlink by highlighting text on your LeagueApps page. Then, paste the link from your Stats page into the Insert/Edit link button in the content editor within LeagueApps.
4) Update Stats in Real-Time!
Now you can control this page directly through your Google spreadsheet. Simply login to your Google account and update your Stats spreadsheet after each game.
Examples of LeagueApps Partners using Google Docs to record Stats
- http://savannahadultbaseball.leagueapps.com/pages/stats (click Team Name to view stats by team)